Friday 7 March 2008

Running late ! 05.03.08

Welcome back to "Reads Retreat" - My guide to growing your own veg in raised beds.

Apologies for the lateness of this update. With time running out due in part to work commitments and spending quality time with my family, I will for now keep it brief, with a few pictures of my latest seed sowing progress:


My tomato's (v. Moneymaker) Sow date: 2nd Feb

Potted on date: 4th March






Basil (v. Dark Opal ) Sow Date: 2nd Feb

Potted on date: 4th March






Onions (v.Bedfordshire Champion) Sow date: 2nd Feb

Potted on date: 4th March






Leeks (v. Mussleburgh) Sow Date: 2nd Feb

Potted on date: 4th March



Hot & Sweet Peppers Sow date: 2nd Feb

Potted on date: 4th March




Organic Lettuce ( first of many sowings! )

Sow date: 4th March






More purchases ! This time from Wilkinson's

Cant wait to taste these . let's hope they grow well....

Yummy stuff !






Talking of yummy stuff, couldn't resist this Rhubarb crown - a snip at £1.99.

Swiss Chard (v. Bright Lights ) - always wanted to try these, and

Flat Leaf Parsley - always useful in the kitchen.



Elsewhere on the plot :
The Garlic ( v. Fokyhama) planted in November continues to put on good growth.

I managed to plant a small first row of Carrot's (v. Early Nantes) too between the garlic and the chives. Nothing beats "companion" planting to keep the dreaded carrot fly at bay.






Thats about it for this quick update, I hope I can get back to you all soon. Till then, enjoy your gardens.

TTFN.

1 comment:

Matron said...

Leeks in toilet rolls! that's a nice touch! I bought those same gooseberries in Wilkinsons too.