Monday 16 July 2007

Wow, what a busy week! 15.07.07

As promised, a quick update on my gardening week.
Those of you with little angels will surely appreciate how time fritters away !
As it is, there's not an awful lot happening at the moment, concentrating mainly on harvesting crops and tending to existing plants.
The runner beans are now in full growth mode, and although we try and pick them on a regular basis, there is still some wastage as the fruits become stringy.
Its a case of biting the bullet and discarding what is not needed.
The crop is not all coming at the same time, due to the weather I guess, and with no sign of that changing, just have to grin and bear it. The good news is that there is a plethora of rosy buds, so the outlook is for more runners in the next few weeks.



My second sowing of peas (v. Kelvedon Wonder) are doing great, with a good growth rate.
As you can see, they are starting to attach to the netting I put up, so hopefully they will grow better with this support.
Next year I will plant a lot more of these, as they do grow and crop well, and are so tasty.




My outdoor tomatoes are growing really fast ( v. Moneymaker ) , so fast in fact that I'm worried about the weight of the plants. Although the plants are supported by stout 4' canes, the plants are almost Pisa like! I fear they will collapse very soon.
With this in mind, I don't think I'll be planting them again next year, they need too much attention.
I will probably just grow Gardeners Delight next year.


Final pic for this short update ( sorry!!!) is of my Clematis, which is now flowering for the second time this year, having previously flowered mid April.

The blooms are glorious and there are plenty more buds forming.

Thats about it for now folks, but hopefully I will find more time for a full update next sunday. I hope you will join me then.

Take care all.


TTFN.

No comments: