Monday 21 July 2008

That was then,,,,,,,, 21.07.08

Welcome back to Reads Retreat, for a bit more of an update!
I can't promise these daily updates will continue, but hopefully will while i get back up to speed!
This shot was posted on my blog on 8th June, showing my 2 Courgette plants that I had acquired!
I was hopeful of great things here - I had never grown courgettes before and was a tad worried that the outside temperature would not be enough to sustain good growth,

How wrong I was! Believe it or not, this is the same container, hidden by the mass of lush foliage.
We've already harvested 2 delish fruits and there are many more on the way. I read that regular watering is the key and this is what we are doing. As for the taste - far superior to anything you can buy. Just to the right of the pic is our Aubergine plant, which is also putting on good growth. The first set of flowers fell away - not sure why, but more flowers have appeared and we're hoping to harvest at least one of the lush shiny fruits. We'll have to wait and see. The small black pot contains an Apricot tree, grown from a shop bought fruit seed, and just to the right of that there is a pot of Sweet Peppers, growing ok but not really anything special at the moment.
So, bear with us folks as we continue to bring Reads Retreat up to date, there's so much more to write, but while my back is recovering i find i cannot sit at the desk for too long.
Take care all, see you again soon.

TTFN

No comments: