Sunday 29 November 2009

Birthday Spuds!

Welcome back to Reads Retreat, where Spud (that's me!) is celebrating - it's my Birthday. We also bring more news of the Christmas spuds, that are growing at a rate of knots. The shoots are now almost at the top of the bucket, and as soon as this update is finished, I'll be earthing the shoots up again. We're really quite hopeful that we'll be able to eat some freshly dug spuds with our Christmas dinner, and with 4 weeks (ish) to go, it's looking promising. No other news from the plots today. Maybe if the weather actually brightens up a bit - the rain is lashing down right now - then we'll get out into the garden or up to the plot! Right now I'm just gonna sit back and chill out - enjoy my birthday. There's a joint of beef in the oven, cake freshly made this morning, and the outlaws on their way over. Life's good right now.

Take care all,

TTFN

4 comments:

Shaheen said...

Happy Birthday to you.

Fingers crossed that you get some good potatoes from that bucket for Christmas day. I have stored some potatoes aside from this years harvest to enjoy on Christmas day, hopefully they will keep well.

Enjoy the rest of your day - Birthday Man, or should I call you Spud : )

Eight by Six said...

Happy Birthday Gary.
Hope to see you at the Iwade Christmas Fair on Sat 12 Dec.

O.I.M said...

happy birthday! potatoes in a bucket. what a great idea. might have to give it a try. good luck to you.
irena

Tanya. said...

I already wished you a happy birthday!! :-)