Thursday 22 March 2007

Broad Beans looking Good 13.03.07

As you can see from the pic, the Broad Beans are doing well.
I planted through the black fabric and secured to canes for support. Being the Bunyard Exhibition variety, I'm hoping these will grow to about 4 foot tall. As long as I can keep the dreaded blackfly at bay, should be okay. I have a reserve of seedlings in the conservatory, should things go pear shape !
I'm also of a mind to risk planting out some climbing french beans. The seeds for these were sown indoors early with this in my mind. I have nothing to lose as the seeds were free. They grew through my fence last year and were mistakenly picked with my runner beans. I only discovered this after drying the pods for seed collection, when i found i had black seeds as well as the seeds from my runners ! I named them Irene, after my neighbour !
TTFN

No comments: